Troy-Miami County Public Library is a U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility
Notary Public Services – Available by appointment at the Troy-Miami County Public
Services may be scheduled M-F between 10:00 am & 4:30 pm
Please review the following requirements before presenting a document for notarization:
- Be sure there are no blanks on the document. The Notary cannot notarize a document that is not 100% complete.
- Be prepared to identify the type of notarization your document requires. In most cases, the certificate preprinted at the end of the document will clearly indicate what the Notary must do, however the Notary cannot advise you about what type is required. If you aren’t sure please check with the agency that provided the document or an attorney. The two most common types are:
- Acknowledgement – This requires the Notary to verify the individual’s signature, understanding of the document, and consequences of executing the document.
- Jurat – This requires the Notary to administer an Oath or Affirmation that the statement in the document is true and correct, and to witness the individual signing the document.
- Provide proof of your identify. Acceptable forms include:
- Ohio or other State Driver’s License or ID Card
- Mexican or Canadian Driver’s License
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military ID